Ten Questions You Should Ask
Does your current association management company compare to Priestley Management Company’s superior service?
- Has the association management company been awarded the Accredited Association Management Company (AAMC) designation?
- Is the association management staff licensed by the state real estate commission?
- Does the association management company specialize solely in association management, therefore avoiding possible conflicts of interest?
- Is a banking lockbox deposit system used for all assessments to ensure timely deposits, better financial controls and immediate verification of all association monies?
- Are newsletters sent to all homeowners on a regular basis with an update on association activities, meetings, etc.?
- Does the association management company carry full liability insurance plus supply the board of directors with a copy of the insurance certificate?
- Is the association management company a member in good standing of the professional trade association, the Community Associations Institute?
- Does the association management company have a staff person who has graduated from the Community Associations Institute’s Professional Management Development Program and received the PCAM or AMS designations?
- Is the association management company active in continuing education programs in order to stay abreast of the day-to-day changes in community association management?
- Does the association management company have 24-hour emergency service with personnel to respond to after-hours emergencies?