Spring is officially here! The communities across the state that Priestley Management Company manages are in full spring preparation mode. Each homeowner can do things to assist in their community’s curb appeal. Curb appeal can go along way in the community appearance and assist in the overall value of homes within the neighborhood. Below are some tips that will assist your home in being prepared for the upcoming spring growing season:
- Clean up: A general cleanup of your yard must be done to prepare for spring landscaping projects. Cleaning up the lawns and beds of sticks, leaves, etc. to get them ready for the upcoming season.
- Shrubs: Inspect shrubs and other plants to make sure the made it through the harsh winter. Trim shrubs into a neat appearance.
- Equipment: Get your lawn mower and other landscaping tools ready for the season.
- Mulch/pine straw: Applying mulch or pine straw can go a long ways in improving the appearance of your home. Mulch/pine straw will also assist in weed control. Prior to mulch install, fertilize your trees and shrubs.
- Pre-emergent: Applying pre-emergent will help get a jump start on the weeds that may otherwise plague your yard for the rest of the season.
- Test your soil: This should be done once every few years to make sure it has the proper PH balance and mix of nutrients.
- Irrigation: Once warm enough turn your irrigation system on an inspect to assure it is in working condition.
If you are away and cannot maintain your lawn properly, there are many companies in the area that can assist. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Priestley Management Company for any recommended landscape contractors.